Culinary and Retail Assistant
Jill’s Table is hiring for a part-time experienced Culinary/Retail Assistant. The Culinary/Retail Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and retail assistance for customers during in-person cooking classes. We want you to join our team if you have experience with restaurant serving and hosting, working in a retail environment, have well-developed customer service experience and a strong interest in food
- Assist chefs before, during and after class with kitchen duties i.e., dishes, store take down, beverage and food service, clean up etc.
- Serve food and beverages throughout class
- Assist with washing dishes, clean up and food storage after class
- Perform cash/floor duties as assigned
- One to two (1-2) years’ experience working in a restaurant and/or retail environment
- Possesses excellent ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong inter-personal skills with a friendly and positive attitude
- Ability to work well with a team
- Effective time-management and organizational skills with strong decision-making skills.
- Certification in Safe Food Handling, Smart Serve and First Aid (can be obtained upon hiring)
The physical demands of the role require the ability to be on your feet for long periods of time, lifting and unpacking of boxes, and travelling up and down stairs.
Terms & Conditions:
- 4% vacation pay.
- Typical hours: 3-9 pm, 2-3 days a week. Every other Saturday 9:30-5:30 pm.
About Jill’s Table
Jill’s Table has been a favourite food destination since 1999. We service home cooks and professional chefs alike with specialty food items, cookware, bakeware, kitchen gadgets, cookbooks, cooking classes, thoughtful gifts, and gift baskets.
Jill’s team are made up of dedicated individuals who are dependable, have approachable personalities, are flexible with their time and talents and are life-long learners. Jill’s Table is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday and seven days during November and December.
If you are interested in joining the Jill’s Table team, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday July 15, 2022. We appreciate all interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.